Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A month away



Less than a month until the Tri for MS.

Went to the Sooke pool twice this week, friday went great, monday not as great. But I went and I conquered! I need to get used to other people swimming in the same lane as me, the wake (choppy water) bothers me quite a bit. It's startling to suddenly have small waves in a pool!

I did try the backstroke and *sigh* it's so much more comfortable than freestyle for me. The swim coach there approached me, I guess it was obvious I was struggling. We chatted for a bit and he asked me, "where's your happy place in the water". My reply, "OUT of it". So he suggested finding a stroke that does not stress me out, and the backstroke is it for sure. While I'll be working towards getting better at the free style it's nice to know I can do a stroke that makes me relaxed (somewhat) and still keep moving.

This weeks bike ride clocked my first 40K bike! One very long hill, and we all got it done!


No comments: