Saturday, June 9, 2012

Alice in Wonderland Blog Hop



I had SO much fun with the blog hop/challenge. Staci Smith of Staci Louise Originals organized a Alice in Wonderland theme'd hop. It was so outside my comfort zone but I figured "why not?" and dove in. BOY did I have fun!

I had a ton of beads, ideas kept coming and coming, it was so fun to be whimsical and I guess my muse needed that. 


The above pieces will be in the Glass Only show and Coast Collective the beginning of August.

I made so many beads, here's a sampler of them. Most of which are in my Etsy shop.





I have more ideas for different fairy tales and some cartoons. The ideas just keep coming!

I want to thank Staci for hosting such a fun challenge, it really is exactly what I needed right now.

Please check out the other artists blogs participating in the challenge/hop.



19 comments:

Alice said...

What colorful pieces you made! They really capture the essence of the theme.

I love your amazing glass art!

Deelitful Boudoir Photography said...

Those are so AWESOME beads!!! Wow!!!

Giorgia Rossini said...

awesome beads, I really like them!
ciao dall'Italia, I had fun partecipating in this hop ;)

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely adorable! Great job. So sweet!

Kari Carrigan said...

Love them Nic! It is fun to play isn't it. :) Can't wait to see what else you do.

Jenny said...

Wow. They are glass! Thats a lot of detail. Really fun.

Heidi Post said...

What adorable little beads you've made! This has been such a fun challenge. So many different approaches :)

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Nicole, Thanks so much for participating in our challenge! I just love all of the wonderful AIW themed beads you created! So much fun!!

How wonderful that your pieces will be in the Glass only show! So exciting!

I'm excited to hear that you are super inspired as well!

xo Genea

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

I love those beads--especially the mushroom. *Absolutely adorable*

CraftyHope said...

Oh wow!! These Alice-inspired beads just make me grin from ear to ear. They are just darling!!

Jenna said...

Ohmygosh! Beautiful beads-- my favorite is that smiling Cheshire Cat! Love the color combinations too.

Anonymous said...

Adorable beads. I can see why you have some many extras...they must have been so much fun to make!

Lynda

N Valentine Studio said...

Thanks everyone! I really had a wonderful time with this challenge. I now have a kiln full of BRIGHT owls! This challenge has me working in a whole different direction.

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute beads - so colorful and fun! I really love the mushroom bead.

Angel Whisperer said...

fantastic beads You made and it is easy to see You had a lot of fun making them !! will have to take a look at Your shop :)

Anonymous said...

Great!!!! I love your creativity. I scrolled down and saw the angry birds! Wow!
Zan

Dragonfly Close said...

Great beads! I could hardly believe they were glass, they were so detailed. What a great jumping off point for more inspiration.

Unknown said...

Adorable. Simply adorable.

Dragonfly Close said...

I didn't even realize these were glass at first! I'm in awe that they are made of glass. Very impressive beads! --Diane V.