Monday, October 24, 2011

Fears

We all have fears, some logical. Some not so much. I have a fairly large fear of heights, and have for as long as I can remember. I have many not so fond memories of hanging Christmas lights, cleaning the archway we have over our driveway, bridges ............ I could go on and on.

When I was in Turkey a friend convinced me to go on a hot air ballon ride, I'll admit it was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done. But it was also one of the more special things. It was something she really wanted to do and I knew she wouldn't do it on her own. So along with a few tranquilizers up we went. How different everything looks from up in the sky, how quiet and peaceful. While I was terrified for a lot of it I did get a chance to appreciate the beauty. I think it's also helped me come to grips a bit with my fear of heights. I don't panic quite so much over bridges anymore and the thought of Christmas lights doesn't send me into a cold sweat!

What are your fears, rational or not.

No comments: