Friday, July 1, 2011

It's summer



It's summer, at least it better finally be! Spring has felt so long and dreary. I'm dying to be picking veggies from the garden. But alas mine is slow and there isn't much to pick yet. I had visions of it looking like the picture above by now, but things are slow to grow.

The flower beds are much more prolific, I've had poppies blooming, a few lilies some peonies and even a water lily. I'd like to add another water feature but I don't think that's in the works this year. Maybe next. I envision a small planter with a miniature lily floating in it and a trickle of water flowing into it. Beside my hammock, with a good book........maybe the cat taking a nap. I think you see where I am going with this?

2 comments:

Libby Leuchtman said...

Wish I could join you on the hammock!

Happileerving said...

Your garden is lovely. I know exactly where you are going with this. Love a good hammock nap on a sunny afternoon!