Thursday, May 5, 2011

10 K week one


Today marked day two of week one of my 10K in 10 weeks program. I have to admit whilst jogging UP a hill this morning I thought "WHAT the HELL was I thinking!?" But after finishing this mornings interval training session I felt uplifted. I'm doing a program that works you up over 10 weeks to running 10K. When I got home I logged the rest of the training intervals into my runkeeper program and when I read the last one I thought "how cool would it be if I could do this?". Anyone who knows me knows I do not choose to run. I've never chose to run. If our horses get loose, I head for the front gate and close it, then persue the loose critters. I'm NOT going to chase them about willy nilly, sheesh, running makes you sweat ya know?

But mid winter I decided I needed to do something to get active, I'm not a gym kinda gal so I tried walking. Which lead to running (a bit). Then I saw this program and so far I like it, running in the morning gets me moving and seems to keep my energy up throughout the day. I like that I can just put shoes on and do something, I'm really going to try and stick with it while at Bead and Button. I'll have to use a treadmill there, it'll be interesting to see if I can master the treadmill and stick to the program while away from home.

Who knows maybe this will be me soon!




No comments: