Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tomato's

It's difficult to think of anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a home grown tomato. Lewis Grizzard.

Something came over me and suddenly I decided I needed to grow heirloom tomato's this year. It didn't seem to matter that I already had four tomato plants in the ground, to feed two of us. I went out and got a couple heirloom tomato's anyways. A purple variety in cherry tomato's and one in full size.

Kristi and I made a wonderful oven roasted tomato spread last year and I am dreaming already of making it with my own tomato's this year.

The cherry tomato is doing well but the full size is looking sad. I really hope it pulls through so I can eat them tomato's!

I'm thinking of installing a drip system for the deck of the kitchen. For 40.00 it'll water the planters and the fountain. I figure my clematis may like that!




No comments: